Sonntag, 24. Februar 2008

I was hoping for a white Christmas,…

But instead I got a nasty sunburn. It is definitely no fun to go outside without any sunscreen on. Never do that! You will regret it! Only 10 minutes later you will be bright pink and sore. And that hurts terribly!
After the Tongariro Crossing I was absolutely exhausted. However, I could not go to bed directly- first I had to find my pyjamas – That was the only thing I had left in the backpackers. Come on- who’s going to steal my pyjamas?!! Finally, I found them in the washing machine of the backpackers. I relaxed in the hot spa pool as compensation. Nice- but a little bit dangerous when you are extremely tired.
Anyway, the next day, on the 24th of December I headed towards Taupo. On my way over there I had a look at a few touristy spots.


Tawhai Falls

A ‘castle’ at the bottom of Mount Ruapehu (nothing compared to the European castles, but…) If I had not seen Mt Ruapehu the day before I would not have believed that there is such a humongous mountain in the background.
Lake Taupo



My car :-)

Huka Falls



Craters of the Moon


In the afternoon I met Jeremy again in Taupo. I spent Christmas together with his large family.


The Freak – a cousin


The storyteller – Granddad!


A little rascal – a cousin!


Jeremy’s sister and a cousin


One of Jeremy’s brothers – Thanks for staying at your place!


His girlfriend and a cousin


Leroy – he personifies everything Great Britain is about. Queen Elizabeth’s Darling – he used to work in Buckingham Palace.



Leroy’s flatmate from Alaska – in the same situation as me – homeless at Christmas ;-)



Cool Man – Jeremy’s Dad!


Always in a good mood – Jeremy’s Mom!


Instead of celebrating Christmas Eve at home, we went out dancing and shared drinking customaries. The next morning the distribution of presents took place. And again we had Eggs Benedict und lots of Ham and Bacon. Later in the day we met up with a few other families and had a spontaneous lawn ball competition. Actually I forgot who the winner in the end was, but it was lots of fun.


Jeremy in action!


Lawn Ball needs lots of concentration!

Here I am – One of the Maori family!

It’s amazing what you can do with one hand at a time:-P

Leroy in action!


Actually this freak was dead good in playing lawn balls.

Special moves – with special effects



A top lawn ball professional

Yeap... you have to kick this ball over there!!
Ohjeee…..

5 Kommentare:

Andi hat gesagt…

ERSTER!!! :-) Wollt ich nur ma sagen ... Schreiben tu ich ein andern ma, bis denn dann! ciaoi

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hey Süße!
Is jo goldisch..."homeless at christmas"...
aber du warst ja gut aufgehoben und ihr hattet offensichtlich auch Spaß zusammen!
Das Spiel sieht zwar nicht so spektakulär aus aber es war wohl eine gute Ablenkungsmöglichkeit..;-)

Lg, Anika

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Also spektakulaer war das bestimmt nicht... aber die Atmosphere war gut.
Sag mal hab ich schon erzaehlt, dass ich gestern mit Wellington City Councillor Raymond Ahipene Mercer im Theater war... Er hat mich ganz spontan eingeladen und kann man sich bei einem maorischen Theaterstueck eine bessere Begleitung vorstellen als einen maorischen Kunst Spezialisten? Ich denke nicht.... nun denn Naeheres zu diesem Thema gibt es in der naechsten Email... Jaja, die Insider wissen mehr als alle anderen... mit meinen Berichten komm ich ja ueberhaupt nicht mehr nach... das is hier ja alles Schnee von gestern...

Andi hat gesagt…

Die Landschaftsaufnahmen sind wieder äußerst gelungen, kann man echt nicht meckern, sieht verdammt gut.

Sieht ja nach nem kompletten Familienausflug aus, sehr cool, aber schau mal, so richtig den glücklichen und überwältigten Ausdruck hast du bei dem Spiel nicht aufgesetzt. :D Scheint ja doch nur die ganze Zeit so vor sich hinzuplätschern ;-) Aber muss man mal gemacht haben.

Viele LG, dein Andi

Anonym hat gesagt…
Der Kommentar wurde von einem Blog-Administrator entfernt.